Hello sweet friends. It’s my pleasure to welcome you to another fine Sunday.
I’m actually coming to you from Saturday late-morning, what might be the last sunny day for a week. The sunshine coming through my window is begging me to get up and outside.
If felt like there was not enough coffee in the world and certainly not enough coffee in my body this week. I found myself giving my veryownself actual pep-talks, aloud – all week. We made it through and I dunno… I’ll empty the dishwasher by next Wednesday at the latest.
My obsession this week has been the above breakfast snacking plate (that I detailhereon Instagram) and preparing my guest room and office for Mardi Gras guests this week. There are few things more satisfying that making guest room snacks for friends – I love it!
The offering this week is below. You’re invited to read any and all of the below. If you encounter something that doesn’t sit well with you, please know you certainly don’t have to read it. We all grown ’round here, ya feel? I welcome you here and I’m glad you decide to stay.
• When I was 15 years old watching TheX Files on my parents’ couch I was certain I would be this woman. Turns out I’m just a baker and that’s ok. The Spy Next Door. (D Magazine)
• Listening:Lady Land Podcast with Mary Laura Philpot. The drama of getting the beautiful story in your brain through the many layers of horrible writing and onto a piece of paper. (LadyLand Show)
• Book nerds, let’s chuckle:If Literature’s ‘Complicated Men’ were on Tinder(McSweeney’s)
• Ok wait… one more Tinder thing: Tinder’s Most Notorious Men. Y’all, what a wild world. (The Atlantic)
• Psychologists have discovered the specific dance moves that attract the opposite sex. It’s science that we don’t actually have to be great dancers. Good to know. Time to hit the club! (Good.is)
• Let’s live and commit any dang way that feels right. When living apart keeps you together. (Curbed)
• This week my friendErin McDowellsent me the most lovely Valentine’s Day care package of handmade things from her favorite lady-makers. It included pottery from my favoriteMarian Bull, a candle fromLast Craft Designs, andNikki Darling Confections. Check it! Maybe you’ll find a few things you can’t live without. (Instagram, Instagram, lastcraftdesigns, nikkidarlingconfections)
• Many of you have asked about all the rings I wear on my fingers. They all from eitherMarta PiaorPorter Lyons. All treats to myself and I encourage you to do the same when the occasion arises. (marta pia and porter lyons)
• I made this incredibleJammy Tomato Anchovy Sauce from Phyllis Grant and Food52this week and it’s so simple and satisfying. I highly recommend. (Food52)
• Perhaps inspiring this Sunday:A recipe for two doughnuts(Joy the Baker)
Let’s enjoy this day!
My love to you.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam.Learn how your comment data is processed.